What To Expect
VISIT RED ROCKS LIKE A PRO
Red Rocks is a geologically formed, open-air amphitheater not duplicated anywhere in the world. With Mother Nature as the architect, the design of the Amphitheatre consists of two 300 foot monoliths (Ship Rock and Creation Rock) that provide a stunning setting for any performance. The dramatic sandstone monoliths serve as a history book of animal and plant life in the area for the past 250 million years. Red Rocks hosts some of the biggest names in music, which is why it’s also one of the most popular music venues in the country.
Red Rocks Amphitheatre is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience, and we welcome your help in our efforts!
Some events may require additional COVID-19 testing and/or vaccination requirements. Ticketholders to these events that purchased their tickets through AXS will be notified of these requirements via email; specific requirements will be listed in your event’s detail page on the Red Rocks website calendar. At-home COVID tests are not accepted. A list of those shows can be found here.
For more information on the event and venue protocols we’ve put in place, visit our COVID-19 Guidelines page.
Download the official Red Rocks app before your visit for touchless entry with AXS Mobile ID, park and venue maps, visitor tips, special offers and more.
A few helpful hints
- Event vs. Non-Event Days. Admission and parking are free to visit Red Rocks Park, Amphitheatre, Visitor Center, Trading Post and the Colorado Music Hall of Fame. On non-event days, Red Rocks is open one hour before sunrise and closed one hour after sunset. On event days, Red Rocks is open one hour before sunrise until approximately 2 p.m. Note that house closure times are not determined until the week of an event and can change at any time, even the day-of the event. Please check our phone recording at 720-865-2494 for the most up-to-date house closure times.
- Carpooling. When attending events, we encourage carpooling. Doing so helps Red Rocks and the Front Range urban corridor stay green by limiting the number of vehicles traveling to the park and amphitheatre.
- Parking lots open for shows 2 hours before event door time. Traffic Control will guide you to a parking space after entering the park. We recommend arriving early to avoid traffic and ensure you have plenty of time to get to the venue.
- You may have to hike. Wear comfortable walking shoes, as routes from parking lots to the gates may be partially dirt, uphill and sometimes lengthy in distance, dependent on what time you arrive.
- Weather is possible. Red Rocks Amphitheatre is an outdoor venue and shows typically occur in all elements of Colorado weather, so be prepared for adverse weather conditions, including full exposure to the sun, strong wind and even severe rain or snow. It is always wise to dress in layers, have a poncho on hand and to wear sunscreen.
- The altitude of the venue is also a factor to keep in mind: Red Rocks is located at an elevation of 6,450 ft. We encourage you to drink plenty of water and take your time when walking / climbing the many stairs located throughout the venue.
- Entering the venue. Upon arrival to the gate entrances, please have your bags open and available for inspection. Visit our Permitted & Prohibited Items for a complete list of what’s accepted in the venue. Red Rocks management reserves final decision on items brought into the venue.
- Download the Red Rocks app before your visit. From purchasing and managing your tickets, to park and venue maps, tips, weather alerts and special offers, the official Red Rocks app has everything you need for an unforgettable concert experience.
- Help us achieve our sustainability goals. When in the park, pack out your trash and recyclables. When inside the amphitheatre, please sort your recycling and deposit into the appropriate bin (compost / recycling / landfill).
If you’re looking for a great place to shop for unique Red Rocks souvenirs, apparel and historical memorabilia, please visit the Trading Post or you can purchase online at shop.redrocksonline.com.
Check out our Video Gallery for exclusive original content, artist interviews and archival concert footage from the Red Rocks vault.
Venue Seating Chart
Red Rocks Fan Code
As a guest at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, we ask that you follow all venue rules and abide by the fan code below. Also, please be aware of your behavior as your decisions and actions impact those around you.
- Respect everyone. Please refrain from using offensive language, obscene gestures, throwing objects, fighting or inappropriate contact with other guests.
- Smoke only in designated areas. There is no smoking of any kind in the seating area. Cigarette and e-Cigarette smoking is permitted in designated areas along the outside rail of the outside North and South stairs. All marijuana products are prohibited at Red Rocks.
- Drink responsibly. Event staff reserves the right to deny entrance or eject impaired or intoxicated guests or underage drinkers in a prompt and safe manner.
- Only occupy your ticketed seat. Seat saving is not allowed and occupying a seat other than your own is prohibited. You may be asked to present your ticket when determining seat rights.
- No climbing the rocks. Please stay off the rocks and any other venue structures. Violators are subject to arrest and prosecution.
- See something, say something. Report disruptive or suspicious behavior immediately to staff or by texting your message to 720-466-1323.
- Follow directions from staff. They are your resource for information regarding venue operations, rules and emergency procedures.
- Leave glass at home. Do not bring glass bottles or other containers into the parking lots, park or venue.
- Keep items at and under your seat. Do not throw objects in the audience or at the stage. Refrain from setting down drinks and other personal items behind you.
- Be a window, not a door. Do not block the vision of those behind you. Please observe the behavior of the majority of those around you and act appropriately.
- Let others hear the performance. Please consider the volume of your singing or talking so others can hear the performance.
- Refrain from vending. Private vending is prohibited, which includes, but is not limited to, the sale of merchandise, food, beverages, and tickets.
- Have fun! With your help, we can provide a unique and memorable experience for all fans at Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
For a list of permitted and prohibited items, please click here.
If the behavior of a patron or patrons around you becomes disruptive, please report it to the nearest staff or security personnel. To report discreetly, simply text your message to 720-466-1323 and a staff member will be dispatched to assist you. Those in violation of the Fan Code may be ejected, ticketed or arrested (and that’s no fun for you or for us).
Finally, please respect and adhere to special policies from the artist or tour. Occasionally performers require unique restrictions and these requests will supersede Red Rocks Amphitheatre’s standard rules.